Mid Level - Java Developer
Location: Sterling, VA
Software Developer – Intermediate (US Citizen Only)
* Demonstrate strong analytical and computation techniques for solving problems. Be able to analyze problems such as user requirements, input data, and form, output data, and form, available computer configuration, processing and turnaround time requirements.
* Act as an excellent planner, who plans, conducts, and directs systems projects of major importance and difficulty, necessitating the application of advanced computer systems knowledge.
* Ability to research systems analysis methodology and repository of such information in electronic format for re-use.
* Evaluate, test, and manage configuration that supports the software development process.
* Maintain comprehensive knowledge in the development of applications that utilize an n-tier architecture and graphical user interface.
* Provide Deployment Support: deploying code, static files, and/or databases by request to the staging environment and syncing static files and databases among environments.
* Other similar professional duties assigned as needed
* 5-7 years experience in open source web development
* Experience building websites using JS frameworks such as Angular, React
* Experience with Databases such as Oracle and PostgreSQL
* Experience writing simple shell scripts (UNIX/Linux)
* Independence, willingness to learn and problem-solving skills
* Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines, and new challenges
* Ability to communicate and work well with others
* Basic understanding of CI/CD
* Willing to learn new technologies and contribute as needed
* Experience in test automation tools like Cucumber, Selenium is a plus
* Experience in Test Driven Development process
* Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery practices
* Familiarity to automated deployment tools such as Jenkins
* Familiarity with revision control systems such as Git/Github
Work Authorization: US citizenship required
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field with 5 years of relevant experience